What is the synonym of appellation?
In this page you can discover 21 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for appellation, like: appellative, epithet, designation, label, name, title, appelation, controlee, cognomen, nickname and denomination.
What are 3 examples of synonyms?
II. Examples of Synonyms
- Bad: awful, terrible, horrible.
- Good: fine, excellent, great.
- Hot: burning, fiery, boiling.
- Cold: chilly, freezing, frosty.
- Easy: Simple, effortless, straightforward.
- Hard: difficult, challenging, tough.
- Big: large, huge, giant.
- Small: tiny, little, mini.
What are 2 synonyms for example?
What is a good synonym for for example?
For Example’ Synonym Phrases
- “For instance …”
- “To give you an idea …”
- “As proof …”
- “Suppose that …”
- “To illustrate …”
- “Imagine …”
- “Pretend that …”
- “To show you what I mean …”
How do you use appellation?
Appellation in a Sentence 🔉
- Because there is no appellation on the product, consumers are confused about the brand’s name.
- Henry cheated on the bar exam so he does not deserve the appellation of attorney.
- In high school my friends would often refer to me as Penguin, an appellation I earned because of my unusual walk.
What is a antonym for appellation?
noun. ( ˌæpəˈleɪʃən) Identifying word or words by which someone or something is called and classified or distinguished from others. Antonyms. connotative low status disrepute. cognomen.
What is the 10 Example of synonyms?
|amazing: astounding, surprising, stunning||fertile, fruitful, abundant, productive|
|cunning: keen, sharp, slick||kindle: ignite, inflame, burn|
|destitute: poor, bankrupt, impoverished||loyal: faithful, ardent, devoted|
|deterioration: pollution, defilement, adulteration||old: elderly, aged, senior|
How do you use example?
You use for example to introduce and emphasize something that shows that something is true. Take, for example, the simple sentence: “The man climbed up the hill.”
What is a good example?
Noun. 1. good example – something to be imitated; “an exemplar of success”; “a model of clarity”; “he is the very model of a modern major general” exemplar, example, model. ideal – the idea of something that is perfect; something that one hopes to attain.
What does appellation mean?
an identifying name or title
Definition of appellation 1 : an identifying name or title : designation was entitled to the appellation “doctor” 2 : a geographical name (as of a region, village, or vineyard) under which a winegrower is authorized to identify and market wine also : the area designated by such a name.