What causes door lock actuator failure?
It could be a main door lock switch, broken door wiring harness, bad connector, failed control module or simply a blown fuse.
How much does it cost to replace door lock actuator?
Actuator replacement, on the other hand, should cost between $200 and $300 per door, factoring in the cost of the part and the labour required.
How do you reset an automatic door lock?
Q: How do you activate or deactivate the Auto Lock feature?
- Put the key in the ignition and turn it to on.
- Press the Unlock button three times.
- Turn the ignition off.
- Press the Unlock button three more times.
- Turn the ignition back to on.
- The horn should beep once.
- Press the Unlock button, then press Lock again.
How do you diagnose a bad door lock actuator?
Usually a bad or failing power door lock actuator will produce a few symptoms that can notify the driver of an issue that should be serviced.
- Unusual noises coming from inside the door.
- Power door locks behave erratically.
- Power door locks do not function.
Is there a fuse for power door locks?
There are three primary components of the power door lock system that can fail, resulting in a useless power door lock: Blown fuse: A fuse is a low resistance resistor that creates overcurrent protection.
How can you tell if a door lock actuator is bad?
Symptoms of a Faulty Door Lock Actuator
- Power Door Lock Doesn’t Work. A single bad door lock actuator can prevent one of your car’s power door locks from working.
- Power Door Lock Operates Erratically.
- Strange Noises When Operating the Power Lock.
- Sluggish Operation From the Door Lock.
Can a door lock actuator be repaired?
The actuator mechanism operates using a motor and gears working in sync. So, when there is a problem with the motor, it may cause the gears to make an abnormally loud sound. The door lock actuator needs to be replaced or repaired.
Where can I get a door lock actuator replaced?
Locate the lock actuator. It is bolted to the inside of the door frame by the door latch. Remove the electrical plug that supplies power to the actuator. It should come out by hand.
How do you open a door with a broken actuator?
Once you’ve accessed the actuator, have someone turn on your car’s ignition while you press down on it with a small screwdriver or pocketknife. This should cause the door handle to move up and release its lock inside of your vehicle.