What are the symbols on a Smeg oven?
SMEG Oven Symbol Guide
- ECO. Simply the word “eco” in capital letters.
- Pizza Function. A simple oval shape with small dots, symbolising a pizza or cookie.
- Top and Bottom Element Only.
- Grill Element.
- Bottom Heating Element Only.
- Top Heating Element Only.
- Half Grill.
- Top Element and Grill.
What are the symbols on an oven?
Oven Symbols Guide
- Fan oven symbol. The standard setting for many electric fan-assisted ovens shows a fan, often inside a circle.
- CircoTherm® symbol.
- Circo-roasting/grill with fan symbol.
- Bottom heat symbol.
- Top and bottom heat symbol.
- Pizza symbol (fan with bottom heat)
- Bread baking symbol.
- Slow cooking symbol.
How do I use my Smeg oven controls?
- Press the Function knob to turn on the display.
- Turn the Function knob to the right or left to select the required function.
- Press the Programming knob.
- Turn the Programming knob to set the temperature.
- Press the Programming knob or wait 3 seconds.
- Press the Function knob to start cooking.
What do oven fan symbols mean?
A fan symbol on its own, or with horizontal lines above and below it, shows that the fan is spreading heat from the upper and lower heating elements, rather than from the back. Fans are good for most types of cooking, particularly when you’re using more than one shelf.
What is the grill symbol on an oven?
Grill. The symbol is simply a zigzag line at the top of a square. Using the full grill allows you to cook food for virtually your whole family plus guests. There may also be a half-grill setting, which means only the centre of the grill element gets hot.
What are the different oven settings?
Oven settings explained & guide
- Conventional oven cooking.
- Fan-forced grill.
- Oven grill.
- Turbo grill.
What is the symbol for baking in oven?
Two horizontal lines – one on top and one on the bottom is the oven symbol everyone has seen at some point. This is the most recognizable oven icon. It indicates the traditional baking methods – using top and bottom heaters.
How do I set my Smeg oven?
Turn and rotate the oven function knob (right knob) to select an oven function 2. Turn and rotate the temperature knob (left knob) to select a cooking temperature. If the oven doesn’t come on check that the clock is set and the symbol is displayed on the display as the oven won’t work if the clock is not set.
What is the grill symbol on a Smeg oven?
The “Fan with grill” setting: This allows you to easily grill a variety of meats and other foods. We recommend using the top two shelves of the oven for grilling and the one at the bottom for heating up cool dishes.
What oven setting is best for cakes?
Top/Bottom heating is the most effective setting to use when you are baking or roasting on a single level. The heat is emitted evenly from above and below, making it ideal for baking cakes.