What are the 20 pronouns?
Pronouns are classified as personal (I, we, you, he, she, it, they), demonstrative (this, these, that, those), relative (who, which, that, as), indefinite (each, all, everyone, either, one, both, any, such, somebody), interrogative (who, which, what), reflexive (myself, herself), possessive (mine, yours, his, hers.
What are some pronoun questions?
Grammar Practice Questions – Pronouns
- We scored as many goals as ____ (they/them).
- I am one year older than ____ (he/him).
- He is as good a student as ____ (she/her).
- Between you and ____ (I/me) he is a liar.
- Let ____ (he/him) who can, save her from drowning.
- The boy ____ (who/whom) fell off his bicycle has hurt his leg.
What is a pronoun Quizizz?
120 seconds. Q. A pronoun is a word that takes the place of one or more nouns.
What are pronoun give 10 examples?
A pronoun (I, me, he, she, herself, you, it, that, they, each, few, many, who, whoever, whose, someone, everybody, etc.) is a word that takes the place of a noun. In the sentence Joe saw Jill, and he waved at her, the pronouns he and her take the place of Joe and Jill, respectively.
What are the 78 pronouns?
He/She — Zie, Sie, Ey, Ve, Tey, E. Him/Her — Zim, Sie, Em, Ver, Ter, Em. His/Her — Zir, Hir, Eir, Vis, Tem, Eir. His/Hers — Zis, Hirs, Eirs, Vers, Ters, Eirs….How many pronouns are there?
|Gender||Subject pronoun||Object pronoun|
|male / female (plural)||we||us|
What are the 23 personal pronouns?
In Modern English the personal pronouns include: “I,” “you,” “he,” “she,” “it,” “we,” “they,” “them,” “us,” “him,” “her,” “his,” “hers,” “its,” “theirs,” “our,” “your.” Personal pronouns are used in statements and commands, but not in questions; interrogative pronouns (like “who,” “whom,” “what”) are used there.
How many types of pronouns are there?
There are seven types of pronouns that both English and English as a second language writers must recognize: the personal pronoun, the demonstrative pronoun, the interrogative pronoun, the relative pronoun, the indefinite pronoun, the reflexive pronoun, and the intensive pronoun.
How do you test pronouns?
Pronoun Testing Grounds
- Your name.
- Used for the person doing/being.
- Used for the person affected by an action.
- Used to desribe something as belonging to someone.
- Used to desribe something as belonging to someone*
- Used to describe the action one takes as happening to oneself.
- Used to describe the gender.
What is a pronoun quizlet?
Pronoun. word used in place of a noun or another pronoun. Antecedent.
What type of pronoun is we and us?
Pronouns take the place of nouns in sentences. Both we and us refer to groups of two or more people that include the speaker or writer. We is a subject pronoun, which means it is used as the subject of sentences. Us is an object pronoun; it is used as an object in sentences.
What are the 72 pronouns?
Gender-neutral Pronouns, and How to Use Them
- He/She — Zie, Sie, Ey, Ve, Tey, E.
- Him/Her — Zim, Sie, Em, Ver, Ter, Em.
- His/Her — Zir, Hir, Eir, Vis, Tem, Eir.
- His/Hers — Zis, Hirs, Eirs, Vers, Ters, Eirs.
- Himself/Herself — Zieself, Hirself, Eirself, Verself, Terself, Emself.