Where is the 38th parallel in Australia?
Around the world
|Co-ordinates||Country, territory or ocean||Notes|
|38°0′S 140°32′E||Australia||South Australia Victoria – passing through Port Phillip Bay and southeastern Melbourne|
|38°0′S 147°42′E||Pacific Ocean||Tasman Sea|
|38°0′S 174°47′E||New Zealand||North Island – passing 2.4 km south of Whakatāne|
|38°0′S 178°21′E||Pacific Ocean|
How do I look up coordinates?
Get the coordinates of a place
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app .
- Touch and hold an area of the map that isn’t labeled to drop a red pin.
- In the search box, you can find the coordinates.
What city is 42N 71W?
On Sunday, we visited 42N, 71W, located in West Bridgewater, MA, about 25 miles south of Boston.
What is the 38th parallel and why is it important?
38th parallel, popular name given to latitude 38° N that in East Asia roughly demarcates North Korea and South Korea. The line was chosen by U.S. military planners at the Potsdam Conference (July 1945) near the end of World War II as an army boundary, north of which the U.S.S.R.
Is the 38th parallel still used today?
In total, about five million people died in the Korean War, including many civilians. The cease-fire line roughly followed the 38th parallel with only minor changes, and the country remains divided along that line still today.
How do you write coordinates in latitude and longitude?
Write the latitude and longitude coordinates. When writing latitude and longitude, write latitude first, followed by a comma, and then longitude. For example, the above lines of latitude and longitude would be written as “15°N, 30°E.”
How do I enter GPS coordinates into Google Maps on iPhone?
How to Enter GPS Coordinates for a Location with Google Maps on iPhone
- Open Google Maps app on iPhone (it’s an additional separate download)
- Tap the “Search” bar and enter the GPS coordinates you’d like to search for, then search.
- Google Maps will render the GPS location on the map.
How do I find altitude and latitude on Google Maps?
Find coordinates of a location
- On your computer, open Google Earth.
- On the left, click Search .
- Search for a place.
- In the top left corner of the Knowledge Card, click the Up arrow .
- In the box that appears, find the longitude and latitude coordinates.
What city is located at 39n 105w?
Denver. Explanation: The latitude of Denver, CO, USA is 39.74 and has a GPS coordinates of 39° 4N and 104° 5 W.
What is the approximate latitude and longitude of Philadelphia Pennsylvania?
Philadelphia, PA, USA Lat Long Coordinates Info
|DMS Lat||39° 57′ 9.2988” N|
|DMS Long||75° 9′ 54.7992” W|
Did the US cross the 38th parallel?
It was just 70 years ago today, October 9, 1950, when the United States 8th Army, under the command of General Walton Walker, crossed the 38th Parallel into North Korea.