What is the principle of Venturi meter?
The principle behind the operation of the Venturi flowmeter is the Bernoulli effect. The Venturi measures a fluid’s flowrate by reducing the cross sectional flow area in the flow path and generating a pressure difference.
What is venturimeter explain with diagram?
A venturimeter is a device used for measuring the rate of a flow of a fluid flowing through a pipe. It consists of three parts. 1. A short converging part. 2.
What is the application of Venturi meter?
Venturimeter is a type of flowmeter that works on the principle of Bernoulli’s Equation. This device is widely used in the water, chemical, pharmaceutical, and oil & gas industries to measure the flow rates of fluids inside a pipe.
Which instrument is used by the principle of venturimeter?
The correct answer is Venturimeter. Venturimeter is a type of flowmeter that works on the principle of Bernoulli’s Equation.
Which instruments are used by the principle of venturimeter?
venturimeter working principle:- Venturimeter is an instrument which is used to measure average velocity of a flowing fluid or flow rate of a flowing fluid. The venturimeter is attached to a pipe using flanges so that the fluid which is flowing through the pipe also flows through a venturimeter.
What are limitations of venturimeter?
Disadvantages of venturi meter:
- They are large in size and, therefore, where space is limited, they can not be used.
- Initial costs, installation and expensive maintenance.
- Requires a long placement length.
- It can not be used in pipes of less than 7.5 cm in diameter.
- Maintenance is not easy.
What are the parts of venturimeter?
The main parts of a venturimeter are:
- A short converging part: It is that portion of the venturi where the fluid gets converges.
- Throat: It is the portion that lies in between the converging and diverging part of the venturi.
- Diverging part: It is the portion of the venturimeter (venturi) where the fluid gets diverges.
What is Venturi meter on which principle does it work How is the principle of Venturi meter applied in automobiles?
The Venturi-meter is a device to measure the flow speed of the incompressible fluid. Venturimeter works on the principle of Bernoulli’s equation. It consists of a tube with a broad diameter and a small constriction at the middle as shown in the figure.
What is venturimeter describe its construction principle and working?
Venturimeter : This device is used to measure the rate of flow (or say flow speed) of the incompressible fluid flowing through a pipe. It works on the principle of Bernoulli’s theorem. It consists of two wider tubes A and A’ (with cross sectional area A) connected by a narrow tube B (with cross sectional area a).
What are the advantages of venturimeter?
- High-pressure recovery. Low permanent pressure drop.
- High coefficient of discharge.
- Smooth construction and low cone angle help to solid particles flow through it.
- It can be installed in any direction horizontal, vertical and inclined.
- More accurate than orifice and flow nozzle.
What are the specifications of venturimeter?
Venturi Meter Specification: The Line Size of the venturi meter ranges from 100 mm to 800 mm. The accuracy can vary from +/-0.25% to +/-3.0%. Flow coefficient value: 0.98 for all ratios of diameter. Beta ratios (It can be defined as the ratio of the throat diameter to the main pipe diameter): 0.3 and 0.75.
What is Venturi meter PDF?
A Venturi meter is used to measure the flow rate through a tube. It is based on the use of the Venturi effect, the reduction of fluid pressure that results when a fluid runs through a constricted section of pipe. It is called after Giovanni Battista Venturi (1746-1822), an Italian physicist.