What is the difference between Enable and enables?
Two things in a single unit are still correctly two things, and the two things “enable”. But it is more common in American speech for people to follow the singular word, so far away from printers, with “enable”. I would say that “printers each enable” both is right and sounds right.
What do you mean by enabling?
transitive verb. 1a : to provide with the means or opportunity training that enables people to earn a living. b : to make possible, practical, or easy a deal that would enable passage of a new law.
What is the difference between Enable and Inable?
Even though these two words look and sound very similar they are actually quite different. To begin with enable is a verb whereas unable is an adjective. To enable somebody or something: means to give power or ability to a person or a thing to do something, to give them the ability to do something.
How do you use enable in a sentence?
Enable sentence example
- I’ll ride over on horseback to enable a quick escape if needed, she insisted.
- There was enough material there to enable him to prepare several new tricks which he had learned from some of the jugglers in the circus, and he had passed part of the night in getting them ready.
What can I use instead of Enable?
What is the noun form of Enable?
/ɪˈneɪblmənt/ [uncountable] the act of making it possible for something to happen or for somebody to do something. The surprising benefit of the changes has been the enablement of innovation. enablement of somebody/something to do something Training was focused on the enablement of teachers to provide quality services …
How do you pronounce the word enable?
Break ‘enable’ down into sounds: [I] + [NAY] + [BUHL] – say it out loud and exaggerate the sounds until you can consistently produce them.
What is difference between able and capable?
The English words able and capable can be confusing. Usually we use able to describe current things someone can do, and capable to talk about someone’s future potential. This difference between able and capable is not a strict rule; it’s just a general tendency.
Where can I use enable?
- enable somebody/something to do something to make it possible for somebody/something to do something synonym allow.
- enable something to make it possible for something to happen or exist by creating the necessary conditions synonym allow.
- enable something (computing) to make a system, device or feature ready to use.
What is the adjective of Enable?
enabled. Being capable for use or action.
Does enable mean allowed?
Allow is another way of saying permit. Your parents allow you to stay up late at the weekend. Your boss allows you to leave the office early. Enable is defined as providing with the means or opportunity.
What are antonyms for Enable?