What is TFTP port?
TFTP is a simple protocol for transferring files, implemented on top of the UDP/IP protocols using well-known port number 69. TFTP was designed to be small and easy to implement, and therefore it lacks most of the advanced features offered by more robust file transfer protocols.
How do I copy a juniper configuration?
- user@SWA>show configuration|display set.
- copy the set commands from this display.
- user@SWB#load set terminal.
- Press Enter.
- Right Click to paste the copied set commands.
- Press ctrl-D.
- Commit check.
- Commit .
Where is Junos image stored?
Generally, Junos OS files are stored in the following directories on the device: /altconfig—When you back up the currently running and active file system partitions on the device to standby partitions using the request system snapshot command, the /config directory is backed up to /altconfig.
How do I use TFTP in Linux?
- Look for the server_args parameter in the /etc/xinet. d/tftp file. This defines the root directory used by the TFTP server.
- Enable TFTP and restart the xinetd daemon. Use commands similar to the following example, which works on RedHat AS 3.0: # chkconfig tftp on # service xinetd restart.
What are TFTP commands?
The tftp command attempts to write the data to the specified file. However, if the remote TFTP server does not have the appropriate privileges to write the remote file or if the file does not already exist, the transfer is unsuccessful. This can be overridden using the tftpd daemon.
Why TFTP is used instead of FTP?
FTP is a connection-oriented service as it uses TCP ports for secure file transfer. On the other hand, TFTP uses a UDP port, an open port; hence, it is a connectionless service. FTP needs more memory than TFTP. TFTP can fit into a diskless workstation also.
How do I use TFTP?
Installing TFTP Client
- Go to the Start Menu and open up the Control Panel.
- Navigate to Programs and features and then on the left-hand side, click ‘Turn Windows features on or off’.
- Scroll down and locate TFTP Client. Check the box. Installing TFTP Client.
- Click OK to install the client.
- Wait for it to complete.
How do I save my juniper configuration to a file?
Saving the Current System Configuration
- To save the current configuration without the text configuration: host1#copy running-configuration system2.cnf.
- To save the current configuration and add the text configuration to the file in compressed format: host1#copy running-configuration system2.cnf include-text-config.
How do I view files in Juniper?
To view available directories, enter a space and then a slash (/) after the file list command. To view files within a specific directory, include a slash followed by the directory and, optionally, subdirectory name after the file list command.
Where is Juniper stored?
Junos OS Evolved files are stored in the following directories on the device: /boot—This directory contains the boot loader and associated files. /config—This directory contains the current operational router or switch configuration and the last three committed configurations, in the files juniper. conf, juniper.