What is pkg-config search path?
PKG_CONFIG_PATH is a environment variable that specifies additional paths in which pkg-config will search for its . pc files. This variable is used to augment pkg-config’s default search path. On a typical Unix system, it will search in the directories /usr/lib/pkgconfig and /usr/share/pkgconfig .
How do I run a pkg-config?
- Approach 1: Import and patch the prefix in the .pc files.
- Approach 2: Prepare and package .pc files before packaging them.
- Approach 3: Use –define-prefix.
- Approach 4: Use PKG_CONFIG_$PACKAGE_$VARIABLE.
- Approach 5: Use the pkg_config generator.
What is a pkg-config file?
The pkg-config program is used to retrieve information about installed libraries in the system. It is typically used to compile and link against one or more libraries. Here is a typical usage scenario in a Makefile: program: program.c cc program.c ‘pkg-config –cflags –libs gnomeui’
How do I create a pkg-config file?
A checklist for writing pkg-config files
- Include the project’s major API version1 in the pkg-config file name.
- Split private and public dependencies between Requires and Requires.
- Include useful ancillary variables, such as the paths to any utilities, directories or daemons which ship with the project.
What is pkg-config in Windows?
pkg-config is a helper tool used when compiling applications and libraries. It helps you insert the correct compiler options on the command line so an application can use gcc -o test test. c `pkg-config –libs –cflags glib-2.0` for instance, rather than hard-coding values on where to find glib (or other libraries).
What is pkg-config Ubuntu?
DESCRIPTION. The pkg-config program is used to retrieve information about installed libraries in the system. It is typically used to compile and link against one or more libraries.
What is pkg-config — cflags?
pkg-config uses configuration files (defined by the libraries) to generate the above information for compilers, and allows us to not worry about what operating system or distribution the compilation takes place on. –cflags means the pkg-config should give the compilation flags for the listed packages.
What is pkg-config in command?
The primary use of pkg-config is to provide the necessary details for compiling and linking a program to a library. This metadata is stored in pkg-config files. These files have the suffix . pc and reside in specific locations known to the pkg-config tool.
How do I install a pkg in Windows?
- download the file pkg-config_0.26-1_win32.zip.
- extract the file bin/pkg-config.exe to C:\MinGW\bin.
- download the file gettext-runtime_0.18.1.1-2_win32.zip.
- extract the file bin/intl.dll to C:\MinGW\bin.
- download the file glib_2.28.8-1_win32.zip.
- extract the file bin/libglib-2.0-0.dll to C:\MinGW\bin.
What is pkg-config Linux?
How do you install pkg file in Linux?
Install a Package from the Local Filesystem
- For Debian / Ubuntu: sudo dpkg -i package.deb.
- For Rocky / Fedora / RHEL: sudo dnf install package.rpm.
- For FreeBSD Packages: sudo pkg add package.txz.
How do I install a PKG file in Windows 10?
pkg files is created with the makesis command, which is a part of the CreateSIS utility program. Nevertheless, . pkg files cannot be open directly on your Windows 10 system, which means you would need to have a file utility software installed to have access to this file format.