What is Morgantown West Virginia known for?
Morgantown is best known as home to the legendary West Virginia University and its thirty thousand students. It is located along the Monongahela River and consists of various neighborhoods. Most of the neighborhoods were once small towns annexed by the city as it prospered.
What do people in West Virginia do for fun?
As it flows into West Virginia, it cuts through the Appalachian Plateau, forming the New River Gorge and plenty of white water for tubing, rafting, and canoeing. Other recreational opportunities are all around it: hiking, ziplining, hunting, fishing, bird-watching, camping, biking, and rock climbing.
Is there anything cool in West Virginia?
Top Attractions in West Virginia
- New River Gorge. 209. Bodies of Water • National Parks.
- Harpers Ferry National Historical Park. 2,071.
- West Virginia State Museum. 402.
- West Virginia University. 191.
- The Kruger Street Toy & Train Museum. 115.
- Suspension Bridge. 245.
- State Capitol. 519.
- Berkeley Springs State Park. 534.
What is there to do in WVU?
West Virginia University.
How safe is Morgantown WV?
On Sept. 30, the FBI published its 2018 Uniform Crime Report (UCR), which shows Morgantown is among the safest cities in the state. Across the board, Morgantown’s crime rate is below the state and national average.
Is Morgantown WV pretty?
If you are into quaint and aesthetic small towns, Morgantown should be at the top of your list. It’s an excellent place to hike, enjoy water sports activities, and simply surround yourself with breathtaking nature. With tourist spots that draw thousands of people every year, Morgantown is an absolute beauty.
What is the prettiest place in WV?
The top 5 most photogenic vistas in WV
- Lindy Point, Blackwater Falls State Park.
- Spruce Knob, Seneca Rocks National Recreation Area.
- Ravens Rock Overlook, Coopers Rock State Forest.
- Rohrbaugh Plains Overlook, Dolly Sods Wilderness.
- Long Point Trail, New River Gorge.
Is West Virginia worth visiting?
Tucked away between the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Ohio River, West Virginia is an absolutely beautiful part of the States to explore, with a plethora of incredible landscapes on show. Its many mountains, forests, and whitewater rivers lend themselves perfectly to all kinds of fantastic outdoor activities.
What is the most beautiful place in West Virginia?
11 Unimaginably Beautiful Places In West Virginia That You Must See Before You Die
- Babcock State Park, Fayette County.
- Summersville Lake, Nicholas County.
- Lost World Caverns, Lewisburg.
- Bissonnette Gardens at Oglebay Resort, Wheeling.
- Dolly Sods Wilderness, Monongahela National Forest.
- Seneca Rocks, Pendleton County.
What is there to do in Morgantown WV in the fall?
Wild and WonderFall Events in Mountaineer Country
- Arts Walk. September 11, 2021 | Downtown Morgantown.
- Oktoberfest at Alpine Lake Resort. September 18 | Alpine Lake Resort.
- Oktoberfest 2021 at High Ground Brewing. September 18 | High Ground Brewing.
- Wine & Jazz Festival.
- Preston County Buckwheat Festival.
- Morgantown Marathon.
Is Morgantown WV a good place to live?
Morgantown was named #1 place to live in West Virginia out of The Best Place to Live in Every State by Money magazine. Morgantown is one of the “South’s Best Small Towns” by Southern Living. Morgantown is one of the “Best Affordable Places to Live” by Livability.
What is the safest town in West Virginia?
West Virginia’s #3 safest city is Morgantown, the county seat of Monongalia County picturesquely located on the Monongahela River….Safest Cities in West Virginia, 2019.