What is a harasses?
1. : to annoy or bother (someone) in a constant or repeated way. She was constantly harassed by the other students. He claims that he is being unfairly harassed by the police. He was accused of sexually harassing his secretary.
What do you call a person who harasses?
A harasser is someone who bothers or intimidates another person. If someone leaves you threatening messages on social media, you should report your harasser. To harass someone is to bother them beyond mere annoyance, and a harasser intentionally torments or frightens their victim.
Who is a harasser?
Meaning of harasser in English someone who annoys or upsets another person over a period of time by their behavior, especially by unwanted and offensive sexual behavior: Her harasser was eventually charged and convicted of sexual assault. Try to clear your social media of harassers and trolls.
How do you spell harass in English?
harass , a 17th-century borrowing from French, has traditionally been pronounced in English as [har-uhs], with stress on the first syllable. A newer pronunciation, [huh-ras], has developed in North American (but not British) English and has become the more common one in the U.S., especially among younger speakers.
What is Harsing?
: to subject persistently and wrongfully to annoying, offensive, or troubling behavior a collection agency harassing a debtor — see also sexual harassment. Other Words from harass. harasser noun.
What demeans mean?
transitive verb. : to lower in character, status, or reputation careful not to demean his opponent demeaning the seriousness of the problem. demean.
What are the 3 types of harassment?
If an employee feels unsafe in their own workplace, it is important to discuss their potential claim with a Sexual Harassment Lawyer.
- 1- Physical Sexual Harassment.
- 2- Verbal Sexual Harassment.
- 3- Visual Sexual Harassment.
What does it mean when someone is harassing you?
If someone is abusing, insulting, or otherwise harming you on a regular basis, it’s called harassment. Cruel and usually really annoying, harassment is also illegal in some cases. Harassment is a word that describes any kind of ongoing torment. At school, harassment is often known as bullying.
How do you use harass in a sentence?
Harass sentence example
- We’d better watch our step, and not give him any excuse to harass us further.
- Don’t harass , stalk or threaten to harm your spouse.
- We’d better watch our step and not give him any excuse to harass us further.
- The ordinary law was, however, sufficient greatly to harass the Socialists.
Is Harassive a real word?
Harassive definition Characterized by the tendency to harass. His harassive peers deterred him from going to school.
What does ignominiously mean?
1 : humiliating, degrading an ignominious defeat. 2 : deserving of shame or infamy : despicable. 3 : marked with or characterized by disgrace or shame : dishonorable.