What is 24Q in TDS return?
Form 24Q. It is used for preparing eTDS returns for the TDS deducted on salary under Section 192 of the Income Tax Act, 1961. It has to be submitted on a quarterly basis by the deductor. It contains details like salaries paid and the TDS deducted of the employees by the employer.
How do I file a 24Q return?
24Q is to be submitted on a quarterly basis. Details of salary paid to the employees and TDS deducted on such payment is to be reported in 24Q. You can easily file your TDS returns through ClearTax software i.e. ClearTDS. 24Q consists of 2 annexures – Annexure I and Annexure II.
Who is required to file 24Q?
The details of salary paid to the employees and TDS deducted on such payment is to be reported in Form 24Q. It is a statement for TDS from salaries, which must be filled and submitted by the Deductor Quarterly. (b) Return Preparation Utility (RPU) for preparing the TDS Statement.
What is form 24Q and 26Q?
Form 24Q should be filed and submitted for Return of Tax Deducted at Source on salary payments. Form 26Q, on the other hand, should be filed and furnished for Return of Tax Deducted at Source details on domestic payments other than salary.
How do I upload form 24Q online?
The User can login to the TIN central system by providing AIN, User ID and Password. After successful login, the User has to select Upload option from the main menu. The User has to choose sub option “Form 24G” and upload the electronic statement (FVU passed file) to the TIN central system.
How can I file 24Q without Challan?
Creating a Nil Challan on ClearTDS
- Step 1: Login to Cleartds.com, Add new deductor or work on existing previous deductor.
- Step 2: You can add the Nil Challan by *Entering the last date of the quarter as the Challan date *Selecting the “Nil Challan” field Remember do not add TDS amount.
What is form 26Q?
Form 26Q is used to file TDS details on payments made other than salary. The form mentions the total amount that is paid during the quarter and the TDS amount that has been deducted. Form 26Q has to be submitted on a quarterly basis.
How many types of TDS is there?
TDS Certificate In general, there are 2 types of TDS certificates that are issued by deductors. Form 16: Issued by employers to employees listing down the details of the tax deductions made throughout the year. Form 16A: For all other TDS deductions other than salary.
Where can I submit TDS return online?
How to file TDS online:
- Step 1: Go to http://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/ and click on ‘Login Here’.
- Step 2: Enter your login credentials and click on ‘Login’.
- Step 3: Enter Captcha and click the “Login” button.
- Step 4: Once you’ve logged in, click on the “TDS” menu and select “Upload TDS” from the drop-down list.
How can submit TDS return online?
File TDS Return
- Step-1. Visit the website of the Income Tax PAN Services Unit athttp://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/index.htmlor https://www.utiitsl.com/UTIITSL_SITE.
- Step-2. To apply for a new PAN, Form 49A or Form 49AA can be used.
- Step-3. The acknowledgement form need to be sent to PAN service provider.
What if TDS return is not filed?
As per section 234E, where a person fails to file the TDS/TCS return on or before the due date prescribed in this regard, then he shall be liable to pay, by way of fee, a sum of Rs. 200 for every day during which the failure continues. The amount of late fees shall not exceed the amount of TDS.
Is TDS return mandatory?
The government has now made it mandatory for an individual to file income tax returns if his/her total TDS/TCS during the financial year is Rs 25,000 or more even if the individual’s income is below the basic exemption limit.