What hair products are good for 3C?
Best Products for Type 3C Curls
- Aunt Jakie’s Curls & Coils Curl La La Defining Curl Custard.
- Aunt Jackie’s Curls & Coils Quench!
- SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Restore Shampoo.
- Cantu Shea Butter For Natural Hair Moisturizing Curl Activator Cream.
- Marc Anthony Strictly Curls Curl Envy Cream.
Is 3C hair low porosity?
Last but not least, type 3C hair is low porosity, leading to a lot of shrinkage and breakage. When too little moisture penetrates your hair follicles, you end up with dry brittle curls.
How do I stop my 3C hair from frizzing?
3C Hair Type Care Guide
- Step 1: Wash and condition thoroughly. SULFATE-FREE.
- Step 2: Deep-condition. For Dry Hair.
- Step 3: Choose a curl cream. For Natural Hair.
- Step 4: Apply a curl refresher. It isn’t recommended for curly or natural-textured women to wash their hair daily.
How often should you wash your 3C hair?
two to three times a week
But Evan Joseph, an advocate and curl stylist with Authentic Beauty Concept, recommends that 3C curlies wash their hair two to three times a week. “As long as you are using a naturally derived gentle cleanser, it won’t dry your curls out and will keep your hair and scalp clear—creating healthy scalp and curls!”
How do you sleep with 3C hair?
In addition to sleeping on your side or on your stomach, there are additional ways you can preserve your curls as you snooze.
- Use a silk or satin pillowcase.
- Put your hair in a ‘pineapple’
- Do twists or braids.
- Use a silk or satin bonnet or headscarf.
- Try a spritz or two of product.
How often should 3C hair be washed?
Is Shea Moisture good for 3C hair?
SheaMoisture Type 3 hair products are suitable for hair types 3a, 3b and 3c. Made with naturally-derived ingredients and certified organic shea butter, our products keep your hair restored, hydrated, moisturized and detangled with the perfect amount of bounce.
How often should I deep condition my 3C hair?
If your hair is heat damaged you should deep condition once or twice a week until your hair recovers. That being said, deep conditioning is not the only solution. You should cleanse your hair as little as possible so you don’t dry it out. Cleansing once or twice a week is all you really need.
Does 3C hair shrink?
Some type 3cs and type 4s have even reported losing as much as eight inches once their hair dries!