What are the Top 10 pop albums?
The Best Pop Albums of All Time
- Prince – Sign “O” the Times. March 31, 1987.
- The Beatles – Revolver. August 5, 1966.
- Big Star – Third/Sister Lovers. January 1, 1978.
- The Beatles – Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band.
- Joni Mitchell – Court and Spark.
- The Beach Boys – Pet Sounds.
- The Beatles – Abbey Road.
- Paul Simon – Graceland.
What are the top 25 albums of all time?
The 25 Best-Selling Albums of All Time
- AC/DC: Back in Black.
- Fleetwood Mac: Rumours.
- Whitney Houston (Various Artists): The Bodyguard Soundtrack.
- Led Zeppelin: Led Zeppelin IV.
- Shania Twain: Come on Over.
- Eagles: Hotel California.
- Eagles: Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975.
- Michael Jackson: Thriller.
What are the most played albums?
Most Streamed Albums Globally
- SOUR by Olivia Rodrigo.
- Future Nostalgia by Dua Lipa.
- Justice by Justin Bieber.
- = by Ed Sheeran.
- Planet Her by Doja Cat.
What was the greatest year in pop music?
So 1965 was the year that pop gave rise to rock: music with a new depth, plus a sense of revolt and confrontation. The Who released I Can’t Explain and My Generation. The Beatles came up with Help!, Ticket to Ride and the pairing of We Can Work It Out and Day Tripper.
Is blackout the best pop album?
Today, Blackout is widely considered to be not only Britney Spears’ best album, but one of the best pop albums of recent history. In 2012, it was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
What album has the most samples?
Copenhagen-based duo Den Sorte Skole have dropped a new album Indians & Cowboys, seamlessly constructed from a staggering 10,000 samples, themselves lifted from 400 old records.
What are the top 10 albums ever made?
Here are the Top 10 Greatest Albums of All Time, according to Rolling Stone:
- Marvin Gaye, ‘What’s Going On’
- The Beach Boys, ‘Pet Sounds’
- Joni Mitchell, ‘Blue’
- Stevie Wonder, ‘Songs in the Key of Life’
- The Beatles, ‘Abbey Road’
- Nirvana, ‘Nevermind’
- Fleetwood Mac, ‘Rumours’
- Prince and the Revolution, ‘Purple Rain’
What are the top 3 albums of all time?
Top 10 Best-Selling Albums of All Time:
- 1. “ THRILLER” by Michael Jackson.
- 2. “ BACK IN BLACK” by AC/DC.
- 3. “ THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON” by Pink Floyd.
- 4. “ THE BODYGUARD” by Whitney Houston (featuring various other artists)
- 5. “ BAD”
- 6. “ BAT OUT OF HELL”
- 7. “ THEIR GREATEST HITS (1971-1975)”
- 8. “ COME ON OVER”
What is the top 10 selling albums of all time?
Top 10 Worldwide Bestselling Albums of All Time
- Michael Jackson – Thriller.
- The Eagles – The Greatest Hits 1971 – 1975 (1976)
- AC/DC – Back in Black (1980)
- Pink Floyd – The Dark Side of The Moon (1973)
- Meat Loaf – Bat Out of Hell (1977)
- Whitney Houston & Various Artists – The Bodyguard (1992)
- Eagles – Hotel California.
What are the Best Pop Albums of all time?
The Best Pop Albums of All Time 1. The Beatles – Revolver 2. The Beatles – Abbey Road 3. R.E.M. – Automatic for the People 4. The Beatles – Rubber Soul 5. Fleetwood Mac – Rumours 6. U2 – Achtung Baby 7. David Bowie – The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars 8. Elvis Costello & The Attractions – This Year’s Model
What makes a classic pop song a classic?
Bill Lamb is a music and arts writer with two decades of experience covering the world of entertainment and culture. What makes a pop song a classic? A catchy melody, for sure. A beat that makes you want to move. Lyrics that speak to your heart and head. And a voice that catches your ear and holds your attention.
What is the Best Album of the 1990s?
Top Five Great Albums of the 1990’s 1 Nevermind by Nirvana 2 Achtung Baby by U2 3 OK Computer by Radiohead 4 Automatic for the People by R.E.M. 5 (What’s the Story) Morning Glory? by Oasis More
What are the top 5 albums of the 1970s?
Top Five Great Albums of the 1970’s 1 Rumours by Fleetwood Mac 2 Exile on Main St. by the Rolling Stones 3 What’s Going On by Marvin Gaye 4 Blood on the Tracks by Bob Dylan 5 Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd