What are the main responsibilities of a cashier?
- Manage transactions with customers using cash registers.
- Scan goods and ensure pricing is accurate.
- Collect payments whether in cash or credit.
- Issue receipts, refunds, change or tickets.
- Redeem stamps and coupons.
- Cross-sell products and introduce new ones.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a cashier in a restaurant?
A restaurant cashier operates a cash register, communicates with customers, and assists other restaurant staff as needed. Responsibilities in this career can include processing credit card payments, accepting cash payments and making change, and using a point of sale (POS) system for transactions.
What are the duties and responsibilities of service crew?
Service Crew Duties and Responsibilities
- Process Payments. Service crew members process cash, check, and credit card payments using cash registers and digital systems.
- Interact with Customers.
- Use Selling Techniques.
- Maintain Stock.
- Greet Customers.
- Fill Food Orders.
- Serve Food.
What is the responsibility of sales associate?
Sales Associate Responsibilities: Greeting customers, responding to questions, improving engagement with merchandise and providing outstanding customer service. Operating cash registers, managing financial transactions, and balancing drawers. Achieving established goals.
Who is a cashier and what are the duties of a cashier?
A Cashier, or Retail Cashier, is responsible for processing cash, debit, credit and check transactions using a cash register or other point-of-sale system in a retail environment. Their duties include balancing the cash register, making change, recording purchases, processing returns and scanning items for sale.
What are the 5 most important skills and qualities of a cashier?
Cashier Qualifications/ Attributes:
- Friendly and positive attitude.
- Excellent customer service.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to make change.
- Basic math skills.
- Attention to detail.
What is waitress duty and responsibility?
The duties and responsibilities of a Waiter/Waitress include welcoming and seating guests, taking guest orders, communicating them effectively to the kitchen and in addition, memorizing the menu and offering recommendations to upsell appetizers, desserts, or drinks.
What are the duties and responsibilities of kitchen staff?
Kitchen Staff Responsibilities
- Clean and sanitize dishes, cookware, and utensils.
- Clean and sanitize food preparation work stations.
- Assist in the food preparation process by cutting, chopping, slicing, and washing vegetables, meats, and other ingredients.
- Follow all food health and safety requirements.
What are the responsibilities of working in retail?
Retail Associate duties and responsibilities
- Welcoming and engaging with customers as they enter the store.
- Assessing customers’ needs and suggesting solutions to their problems.
- Working with cash registers and processing payments.
- Setting and attaining sales goals.
- Giving customers advice about sales and promotions.
What are the responsibilities of a retail sales assistant?
A Sales Assistant, or Sales Associate, works on the sales floor providing assistance directly to customers. Their duties include greeting customers who enter the store, managing the cash register or point of sale system and helping customers find products in their store.