What are some famous monologues in the Theatre?
But to get you started, here are 10 top monologues for auditions.
- “ Measure for Measure” by William Shakespeare: Act III, Scene 1.
- “ The Tempest” by William Shakespeare: Act II, Scene 2.
- “ Twelfth Night” by William Shakespeare: Act II, Scene 2.
- “ The Seagull” by Anton Chekhov: Konstantin’s mother monologue.
Where can I find good monologues from plays?
Suggested sites for finding monologues on the web for free:
- Monologue Archive. An assortment of public domain monologues taken from classic plays organized by gender and type.
- Shakespeare’s Monologues.
- Audition Monologues by Stage Agent.
- The Monologue Database.
- Ace Your Audition Monologues.
What is the most famous monologue?
Here are some of the best movie monologues.
- American Psycho – “Morning Routine”
- Queen & Slim- “What Do You Want?”
- Star Wars Episode V – “I Am Your Father”
- Whiplash – “Break Up”
- It’s A Wonderful Life – “Lasso the Moon”
- The Big Lebowski – “I’m the Dude”
- Training Day- “King Kong”
- Rudy – Fortune’s Truth.
What is the best dramatic monologue?
The Best Examples of the Dramatic Monologue
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning, ‘The Runaway Slave at Pilgrim’s Point’.
- Alfred, Lord Tennyson, ‘Ulysses’.
- Robert Browning, ‘Porphyria’s Lover’.
- T. S. Eliot, ‘The Love Song of J.
- H. D., ‘Eurydice’.
- Elizabeth Bishop, ‘Crusoe in England’.
- Judith Wright, ‘Eve to Her Daughters’.
What are some examples of monologues?
A monologue involves one character speaking to another. A better example of a monologue is Polonius’ speech to his son, Laertes, before Laertes goes to France. Here, he gives advice for how Laertes should conduct himself overseas. “Yet here, Laertes!
What are some good monologues?
Best Monologues of Actors
- Charlie Chaplin – The Great Dictator’s finale.
- A Few Good Men – You can’t handle the truth!
- Joker – Talk Show Monologue.
- Hannibal – Meeting Clarice.
- Game of Thrones – Tyrion’s Confession.
- Little Women (2019) – Jo’s I want to be loved.
- Stoker – Mother and Daughter Conversation.
How do you find a good audition monologue?
10 Tips for Choosing Your Audition Monologue
- Choose material that fits you right now.
- Choose a monologue that’s active.
- Don’t do experimental, nonlinear work.
- Choose a piece that showcases your acting, not some other skill.
- Don’t do a monologue from a production you’ve performed.
What is the longest monologue in a movie?
Clarence Darrow-like attorney Jonathan Wilk’s (Orson Welles) 10-15 minute eloquent, closing argument against the death penalty is considered the longest true monologue in film history.
How do you find a good monologue?
10 Tips For Choosing The Best Monologue For You
- Know your casting type and be realistic about it.
- Know your age range.
- Play to your strengths.
- Choose a monologue with shifts in emotion.
- Choose one that matches the role you are going for.
- If they haven’t specified timings, keep it short.
- Choose a strong character.
What monologues should not be used?
Overdone songs and monologues
- Nothing with excessive profanity.
- Nothing that puts yourself up on a pedestal/says look at me!
- Nothing with excessive sexual innuendo.
- Do not play a mentally challenged person.
- Do not ask rhetorical questions of a sexual nature to the audition panel.
- Nothing from a current hit Broadway show.