What are some Brazilian words?
So, if you want to see how Brazilian culture actually comes together, learn some of the most used local slang words and phrases:
- Cara: Guy or Dude. Example: Ok cara, não se preocupa.
- Beleza: Yes or Deal.
- Joia: Great. Example: Tudo joia por aqui. —
- Topar: To accept.
- Caramba: Damn it.
- Valeu: Thank you.
- Pagar mico: Embarrassment.
How do you say cool in Brazil?
Legal. There are seemingly infinite ways to say “cool” or “great” in Brazilian Portuguese, and they differ by region. However, legal is the dominant word, used commonly from North to South of Brazil. Legal (lay-gow) literally means “legal”, but it is used to declare all things cool or awesome.
What does Cara mean in Brazil?
Cara is a slang that we use to refer to a friend of ours, but in a casual way here in Rio de Janeiro. We can refer to guys and girls, just using this word.
How do you say love you in Brazil?
To say “I love you” in Brazilian Portuguese, say eu te amo.
What do you call a Brazilian woman?
Brasileira is a female Brazilian and a brasileiro is a male Brazilian. A group of female Brazilians would be “brasileiras”; if there are men in the group, grammar makes you use the male word (“brasileiros”).
What does Bola mean in Brazil?
Adjective. show de bola. (Brazil, slang) awesome; amazing. Used other than figuratively or idiomatically: see show, de, bola.
How do you compliment a girl in Brazil?
Compliments In Portuguese
- You are sweet! — Você é doce!
- You have beautiful eyes. — Você tem olhos bonitos.
- You are very nice. — Você é muito simpático.
- I love your smile, it’s so charming.
- I like your new haircut.
- I like this color, it really suits you!
- I knew you would succeed!
- That’s what I call smart!
What is Belisima?
Bellissima (“Very Beautiful” in Italian) may refer to: Bellissima (film), a 1951 film by Luchino Visconti.
What does Linda mean in Brazil?
Originally Answered: In Brazilian Portuguese, is it better to call a girl, linda or gatinha? If you don’t know her, none. Linda means “beautiful woman”, but in a more cocky way. Gatinha means “female kitten” and it’s REALLY cocky, but also means “beautiful woman”. With women you are intimate, both of them can be used.
What does Gata mean in Brazil?
Literally meaning kitty, gatinha is used in a number of contexts but is commonly used to mean babe or beautiful or sexy girl.
How do you seduce a Brazilian?
How To Flirt With A Brazilian
- Don’t Hold Back. Without propping up gender stereotypes too much, it’s often the case in Brazil that straight men will be the ones to approach straight women they’re interested in.
- Go In For The Kiss.
- Enjoy The Flattery, But Don’t Fall For It Completely.
- Be Attached At The Hip.