How do you start a Swedish conversation?
When you want to start a conversation in Swedish, it’s much more common to talk about your profession. So, after you’ve said your name and introduced yourself in Swedish, you can ask the other person what their profession is. This is a good conversation starter and may be something you can talk about for a long time.
What are some Swedish phrases?
Other useful phrases
- Excuse me! – Ursäkta!
- Forgive me, Sorry – Förlåt.
- How are you? – Hur mår du.
- I am fine, Thank you! – Jag mår bra, Tack!
- Good Morning! – God Morgon!
- Good bye – Hej Då!
- Say hello to Maria!- Hälsa Maria!
- Please – Snälla.
How do you say basic words in Swedish?
Swedish Phrases for Meeting and Greeting
- God morgon. Good morning.
- God dag. Good day.
- God middag. Good afternoon.
- God natt. Good night.
- Hejsan. Hello.
- Talar du engelska? Do you speak English?
- Var kan jag hitta någon som talar engelska? Where can I find someone who speaks English?
- Jag talar bara lite svenska.
Is Swedish an easy language to learn?
Swedish is one of the easier languages for an English native speaker to learn, with a lot of vocabulary and grammar in common. Still, there are some tricky components, from the melodic rhythm to complicated compounds.
What is Hur MÅR du?
Swedish term or phrase: hur mår du. It is something a friend sent me.
How do you greet in Swedish?
Ways to greet a Swedish person
- Formal: God morgon/dag/kväll – Good morning/day/evening.
- Formal person trying to be funny: Goddagens – Good day/hello.
- Normal: Hej – Hello.
- Alternative: Hallå – Hello.
- Buddy-level: Tjenare – Hi.
- Close buddy (or colleague who drinks a lot of beer): Tja (short form of tjenare) – Yo.
What is a common greeting in Sweden?
The most common verbal greeting is a casual ‘Hej’ (‘Hi’). People will usually say goodbye with the phrase ‘Hej då’.
How do Swedes greet each other?
The most common greeting in Sweden is a handshake. It is usually firm and accompanied with direct eye contact. Most adults will shake hands with each person present when entering or leaving a social setting.
How is Å pronounced in Swedish?
Å is pronounced like the English O in “or,” the Swedish Ä sounds almost like the word “air” in English, and Ö has a similar pronunciation to the [er] sound in the word “her.”
How are you translate to Swedish?
= Hur Är Det? The most common way I’ve heard “how are you?” in Swedish is “Hur är det?” which translates to “How is it?”.