How do you lock Excel rows for sorting?
If you want to freeze just one row, one column or both, click the View tab, then Freeze Panes. Click either Freeze First Column or Freeze First Row to freeze the appropriate section of your data. If you want to freeze both a row and a column, use both options.
Can you sort locked cells in Excel?
Even if Sort is enabled in the worksheet protection settings, if a user attempts to sort locked cells when a worksheet is protected, Excel throws the error “the cell or chart you are trying to change is protected and therefore read-only.” There is no obvious way to allow users to sort data on a protected worksheet.
How do you sort a list in Excel and keep rows together?
In the Sort Warning window, select Expand the selection, and click Sort. Along with Column G, the rest of the columns will also be sorted, so all rows are kept together. This technique works for any sort, including sorting by date or sorting alphabetically.
How do you keep information across rows locked together but still allow sorting?
this is how I fixed it. Highlight/select all of the columns you have data entered in (or that you want included in the sort). Select data and select auto filter. This will place double arrows in the top row that will allow you to sort each column while keeping corresponding data in the same row.
How do you bind rows in Excel?
Combine rows in Excel with Merge Cells add-in
- Select the range of cells where you want to merge rows.
- Go to the Ablebits Data tab > Merge group, click the Merge Cells arrow, and then click Merge Rows into One.
- This will open the Merge Cells dialog box with the preselected settings that work fine in most cases.
How do I filter a protected Excel spreadsheet?
How to Use Filter in Protected Excel Sheet
- 📌 STEP 1: Select the Dataset.
- 📌 STEP 2: Apply Filter.
- 📌 STEP 3: Notice the Filter Button.
- 📌 STEP 4: Protect the Worksheet.
- 📌 STEP 5: Allow Users to Use Filter.
- 📌 STEP 6: Check If the Sheet Is Protected.
- 📌 STEP 7: Use Filter in the Protected Sheet.
- 📌 STEP 8: See the Filtered Data.
How do I protect certain cells in Excel?
Go to the Protection tab and uncheck Locked option and click Ok. Now select only the cells or columns, rows that you want to protect. Right click and choose Format cells again. Go to the protection tab and check Locked option and click Ok.
How do I Sort data in Excel without mixing data?
- Click into any cell in the COLUMN you want to sort by within your list. (DO NOT highlight that column as this will sort that column only and leave the rest of your data where it is.)
- Click on the DATA tab.
- Click on either the Sort Ascending or Sort Descending. button.
How do you keep rows together in sheets?
Freeze or unfreeze rows or columns
- On your computer, open a spreadsheet in Google Sheets.
- Select a row or column you want to freeze or unfreeze.
- At the top, click View. Freeze.
- Select how many rows or columns to freeze.