How do you fix Black Ops 2 DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error?
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Installing DirectX 9.
- Installing latest DirectX.
- Manually installing automatic installation files. ( dxsetup.exe and vcredist_x86)
- Updating Video drivers.
- Windows + P.
- Uninstalling the game and reinstalling.
- Verifing GCF.
- Disabling any and all backround programs. ( Including Anti-Virus)
How do I fix DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error 2021?
To fix the issue DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error, you can try doing the following:
- Install The Latest Patch.
- Verify The Game Directx System Requirement.
- Reinstall The Graphics Card Driver.
- Update Graphic Card Driver.
- Update Windows To The Latest Build.
- Configure The Display Scaling Settings.
How do I run DirectX 11 in the Cold War?
You can follow the steps below to do this:
- Open Battle.net launcher. In the GAMES section, click Call of Duty: BOCW.
- Click Options and select Game Settings.
- In the Black Ops Cold War section, check the box next to Additional command line arguments. Then type -d3d11 to force the game to run in DirectX 11 mode.
How do I fix the DirectX error in Call of Duty?
If you encounter the DirectX Unrecoverable Error all of a sudden, it might be an issue with the drivers of your PC or your operating system. Running an outdated OS or drivers can introduce issues to your computer, not only your game. So make sure you regularly update them.
What is an unrecoverable error?
An unrecoverable error is an error that occurs during the execution of a code or a program that has not been registered before and no retries can correct or undo the error. Usually an unrecoverable error freezes the system and it must be rebooted to work again.
What causes DirectX error?
In many cases, applications such as antivirus or PC boosters may block your game from launching properly. This leads to the DirectX error, which makes it impossible to play. You can temporarily disable these apps to test whether or not they’re compatible with the game.
Why is Black Ops Cold War not working?
This error message is related to network or server connectivity issues. So your outdated network adapter driver can be the culprit and make your game unplayable. To fix it, you’re supposed to update your network adapter driver, especially if you can’t remember when was the last time you update it.
How do I run Cod on dx11?
Fix 4. Play the game in DirectX 11 mode
- Open Battle.net client.
- Launch the CoD Modern Warfare, and go to Options > Game settings.
- Check Additional Command Line Arguments and type -d3d11.
- Click Done.
How do I fix DirectX error on modern warfare?
It’s easy to verify the integrity of your game files; all be done within a few clicks.
- Launch your Battle.net client.
- Select Call of Duty: MW in the left pane.
- Click Options and select Scan and Repair from the drop-down menu.
- Click Begin Scan, and wait for the process to complete.
How do I run CoD in dx11?
What causes DirectX errors?
If you leave software outdated, the chances of seeing the “DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error” problem are higher. Compatibility issues. In many cases, applications such as antivirus or PC boosters may block your game from launching properly. This leads to the DirectX error, which makes it impossible to play.
How to fix DirectX error in Black Ops Cold War?
If your Black Ops Cold War game still continues to show the DirectX error at this time, your final option is to delete the game from the system and do a fresh install. Keep in mind that your game campaign progress may restart but the rest of your online achievements and other stuff will not be deleted.
Why does my DirectX error say unrecoverable?
Advanced graphics settings such as Shadow control etc. consume a lot more resources on your computer which in turn can cause several issues including the error message DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error. You can easily find the graphics options either in the control panel of different graphics card settings.
Why am I getting DirectX error messages on Windows 10?
Despite its usefulness, it is known to cause issues with DirectX components. Outdated game: Some users faced the error message if they didn’t have the latest version of the game installed on their computer.
What to look for when choosing the right DirectX version?
Now there are several things which you should look for, for example, the RAM, CPU, Graphics card, etc. but, the most important one, in this case, is the DirectX version. Normally, every game which utilizes the API mentions it inside its requirements.