How do you fix a black screen on an Acer laptop?
Acer Laptop Black Screen: How to Fix It?
- Fix 1: Power Reset your Laptop.
- Fix 2: Test the Acer Laptop with an External Monitor.
- Fix 3: Try Certain Key Shortcuts.
- Fix 4: Reinstall the Graphics Card Driver.
- Fix 5: Remove Virus and Malware from the Disk.
- Fix 6: Update the BIOS Component.
Why does my laptop turn on but the screen is black?
One of the main causes for this issue is a corrupt system file preventing the operating system from loading, resulting in a black or blank screen. Restart Windows to see if it’s a temporary issue and resolves itself with a reboot. If the problem persists, erase your hard drive and reinstall Windows.
Why is my Acer computer screen black?
Reinstall Graphics card Driver Acer Aspire black screen can also be fixed by reinstalling the graphics card drive, if the card driver has been corrupted. You can boot your computer into Safe Mode and then try reinstalling the graphics card driver.
How do I fix black screen?
Solutions for a black screen of death — before logging in
- Optimize your startup applications.
- Check your cables and connections.
- Unplug all unnecessary accessories.
- Try a BIOS/UEFI reset and check the boot order.
- Launch a Windows repair.
- Boot into Safe Mode.
- Roll back or update all drivers in Safe Mode.
How do you fix a Acer laptop that has power but no display?
Fix 1: Power reset your laptop
- Turn off your laptop.
- Remove the AC adapter cable, hard drives, the battery and any other attached peripheral devices.
- Press and hold the Power button for 30 seconds and release.
- Put your battery back in and plug the charger.
- Press the Power button as normal to turn on your laptop.
How do you fix a laptop that turns on but no display?
Reseat Battery and Cables
- Shut down the laptop and close the LCD screen.
- Use an eraser to clean the metal contacts on the battery and the battery bay.
- Reinsert the battery into its bay and reconnect the AC power cord and other cables.
- Power on the laptop and check to see if you can see an image on the display.
Why does my Acer laptop turn on but the screen stays black?
Fix 2: Try F2, F9, and F10 key If you find yous Acer laptop screen is black, you can try this: Ensure to turn off your laptop, and unplug any external devices. Press the Power button to turn on your laptop. When you see the Acer logo or splash screen appears, press F2, F9, F10, and Enter key on your keyboard.
How do I fix my black screen on my laptop?
Fix 6. Reset Your PC to Fix Laptop Black Screen
- Press the Windows logo key and L on your keyboard.
- Reset your PC by holding the “Shift” key while you click the “Power” button > “Restart” in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- From the options screen, choose “Troubleshoot > Reset this PC”.
Why is my Acer laptop not starting up?
There’s many reasons why an Acer laptop might not turn on, but the cause is usually one of three key problems. An issue with the Acer laptop’s boot sequence. A problem with the battery or power supply. A hardware failure.
Where is the Reset button on an Acer laptop?
At the bottom side of the laptop, you will find a small pinhole. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds to reset the computer.
Can the black screen of death be fixed?
Repair a Black Screen of Death in Safe Mode Driver and hardware issues leading to a black screen of death issues can be fixed in safe mode. If your computer hangs with a black screen, restart it and hold down F8 or Shift and F8. This should be able to boot the PC into safe mode.