How do I see all tables in a Teradata database?
Teradata SQL Assistant for Microsoft Windows User Guide
- Select Tools > List Tables.
- Note: Wildcard characters only function when using an ODBC connection. “%” Matches zero or more characters. Note: This field does not apply to Microsoft Access databases.
How do I view tables in SQL database?
SQL command to list all tables in Oracle
- Show all tables owned by the current user: SELECT table_name FROM user_tables;
- Show all tables in the current database: SELECT table_name FROM dba_tables;
- Show all tables that are accessible by the current user:
How can I see tables in database?
MySQL Show/List Tables
- Step 1: Open the MySQL Command Line Client that appeared with a mysql> prompt.
- Step 2: Next, choose the specific database by using the command below:
- Step 3: Finally, execute the SHOW TABLES command.
Which command show all tables in database?
use databasename; show tables; It will list all tables it contains.
How do you view table definition in Teradata?
In my Teradata SQL Assistant Client, I can right-click a table and select Show Definition, this will display the column types and how they are defined.
How will you find the table based on column name in Teradata?
To get all the column names used in database in Teradata
- select columnname from dbc. columns.
- where tablename =’tbl’
- and databasename = ‘database’
How do I view a table in SQL terminal?
After logging into the MySQL command line client and selecting a database, you can list all the tables in the selected database with the following command: mysql> show tables; (mysql> is the command prompt, and “show tables;” is the actual query in the above example).
How do I view all tables in SQL Plus?
This SQL query gives the list of tables that can be accessed by the user along with its owner. Query: SELECT owner, table_name FROM all_tables; This query returns the following list of tables that contain all the tables that the user has access to in the entire database.
How do I get a list of all tables and columns in SQL Server?
- s.name AS SchemaName.
- ,t.name AS TableName.
- ,c.name AS ColumnName.
- FROM sys. schemas AS s.
- JOIN sys. tables AS t ON t. schema_id = s. schema_id.
- JOIN sys. columns AS c ON c. object_id = t. object_id.
- ORDER BY.
How do you display the structure of a table in SQL?
To show the table structure with all its column’s attributes: name, datatype, primary key, default value, etc.
- In SQL Server, use sp_help function:
- In MySQL and Oracle, you can use DESCRIBE :
- In PostgreSQL, here is the go-to statement:
- In SQLite, it’s as simple as this:
How do I find the description of a table in SQL?
SQL Server: sp_help table_name (or sp_columns table_name for only columns) Oracle DB2: desc table_name or describe table_name. MySQL: describe table_name (or show columns from table_name for only columns)
How to find the tables in database?
Login to SSMS.
How to create a view for a table in Teradata?
Create a View. Views are created using CREATE VIEW statement. Following is the syntax for creating a view.
How to list all tables in database using Spark SQL?
spark.catalog.listTables () tries to fetch every table’s metadata first and then show the requested table names. This process is slow when dealing with complex schemas and larger numbers of tables. Solution To get only the table names, use %sql show tables which internally invokes SessionCatalog.listTables which fetches only the table names.
How do you access Pervasive SQL metadata tables?
– Object IDs – OBJECT_ID (), DB_ID (), File_ID () etc. – Object Names – OBJECT_NAME (), DB_NAME (), COL_NAME () etc. – Object Property values – OBJECTPROPERTY (), DATABASEPROPERTY (), INDEXPROPERTY () etc. – Other metadata functions like @@procid, parsename (), applock_test () etc.