How do I reset my FortiGate firewall command line?
To reset the FortiManager unit:
- From the CLI, or in the CLI Console widget, enter the following command: execute reset all-settings. This operation will reset all settings to factory defaults. Do you want to continue? ( y/n)
- Enter y to continue. The device will reset to factory default settings and restart.
How do I factory reset my FortiGate with reset button?
Within 20 seconds of the device booting up, press and hold the RESET button. Once you see System is resetting to factory default…, you can release the button.
How do I reset my FortiGate 80c admin password?
Resetting a lost Fortigate admin password
- Connect to the Firewall through console port using terminal emulator such as Putty.
- Power off the Fortigate Firewall/Analyzer.
- Power on the Firewall.
- Wait for the Firewall name and login prompt to appear.
- Copy and paste the username and the password.
How do I factory reset my FortiGate 60c?
- Reboot FortiGate.
- Wait until the FortiGate OS is running again.
- In the first 30 or 60 seconds press external button which is used to Factory Reset the FortiGate.
- If you pressed the external button on time, the unit reboots and the default configuration will be active.
How do you console to FortiGate?
To connect to the FortiGate console, you need:
- A computer with an available communications port.
- A console cable to connect the console port on the FortiGate to a communications port on the computer (a USB adapter may also be required)
- Terminal emulation software.
How do I access FortiGate firewall through console?
How do you reset the reset button on a FortiGate 60E?
Go to Solution. I was also locked out of my 60E, but was able to get it to reset to factory settings. Resolution: Unplugged the 60E, waited 10 seconds, pressed and held the Reset button, plugged the power cable in, held the Reset button for 60 seconds.
What is the default password for Fortinet firewall?
By default, your FortiGate has an administrator account set up with the username admin and no password.
How do I reset my FortiAP to factory settings?
To reboot FortiAP and enter the FortiAP Configuration mode, push and hold the Reset button for 5 to 10 seconds. To reset FortiAP to the factory default, push and hold the Reset button for more than 10 seconds.
What is the default IP address of FortiGate firewall?
The device should respond on the default IP address 192.168. 1.99, then we can open the web-based manager with a browser using the following URL: https://192.168.1.99 . The default user ( admin ) does not require password (see the following screenshot):
How do I open FortiGate command line?
Click on >_CLI Console or the CLI symbol >_ to open the CLI window in GUI. Labels: FortiGate v5. 4.
How to reset the FortiGate configuration to factory default settings?
Reset the FortiGate configuration to factory default settings. execute factoryreset Reset to factory default now. If keepvmlicense is specified (VM models only), the VM license is retained after reset.
What happens to the VM license when FortiGate is reset?
If keepvmlicense is specified (VM models only), the VM license is retained after reset. Apart from the keepvmlicense option, this procedure deletes all changes that you have made to the FortiGate configuration and reverts the system to its original configuration, including resetting interface addresses.
What is the keepvmlicense procedure in FortiGate?
How do I reset the system to factory default?
2) In the navigation tree, go to System -> Dashboard -> Status, and select the Revisions link for the System Information Widget. 3) Click on Restore Factory Default. 4) System will reboot and load basic configuration. 2) A warning will appear. This operation will reset the system to factory default!