How do I disable password on Windows XP?
Disable Password Prompts for Windows XP
- Click Start and Run.
- Type Control Userpasswords2 and press enter.
- Uncheck the box for “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.”
- Click Apply and Ok.
How do I delay Windows services on startup?
Solution #1: Set your Service to “Automatic (Delayed Start)”
- Start the Services utility. To do so, press the Windows + R keys to open the Run window, and then type services.
- Find your service in the list.
- In the Startup type field, select Automatic (Delayed Start) from the list:
- Click OK to save your change.
How do I fix start problems in Windows XP?
- Verify the Computer Finishes Initial Power-Up (POST)
- Unplug All External Devices.
- Check for Specific Error Messages.
- Run a Computer Diagnostic.
- Boot the Computer into Safe Mode.
- Boot Last Known Good Configuration.
- Check for Recent Changes.
- Perform an In-Place Upgrade (Repair Installation) of Windows XP.
Can I activate Windows XP in safe mode?
You can fix Windows XP needs to be activated before logging in message simply by booting to Safe Mode and running a few commands: Turn on your machine and press F8 before Windows begins to load. Go into Safe Mode by selecting the Safe Mode option. Once you are at the Desktop in Safe Mode, Click Start then click Run.
What is the default password for Windows XP?
The default password is a blank. In XP Pro, you do not need to go into Safe Mode. At the Welcome Screen, do Ctrl-Alt-Del twice to get the classic Windows logon box. Type in “Administrator” and whatever password you assigned when you set up Windows.
How do I make Windows XP automatically logon?
To enable auto login on Windows XP follow the following steps:
- Click Run from the Start Menu,
- Enter in the box: control userpasswords2.
- Click Ok.
- Click the user you want to auto login.
- Uncheck Users must enter a user name and password.
- Click Ok.
- Enter password for that user and its set.
Can I disable delayed launcher startup?
I recently asked Intel support about this process, and the short answer is, yes you can disable and even uninstall Rapid Storage Technology from your computer. by removing the Intel® Rapid Storage the Intel Delayed Launcher is also uninstalled.
How do I increase service start timeout?
How to increase the timeout value for the service startup
- Launch Windows Registry Editor.
- Find the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control.
- Right-click this key and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- A new value namedNew Value #1 appears on the right.
How do I get F8 to work?
F8 not working
- Boot into your Windows (Vista, 7 and 8 only)
- Go to Run.
- Type msconfig.
- Press Enter or click OK.
- Go to Boot tab.
- Make sure the Safe Boot and Minimal checkboxes are checked, while the others are unchecked, at the Boot options section:
- Click OK.
- At the System Configuration screen, click Restart.