How do I add Google Tag Manager to my website?
Standard web page installation In Google Tag Manager, click Workspace. Near the top of the window, find your container ID, formatted as GTM-XXXXXX . Click your container ID to launch the Install Tag Manager window. Copy the code and install on all pages based on the instructions provided.
How do I add Google Tag Manager to my WordPress Plugin?
To add Google Tag Manager to WordPress, just follow these steps to get started.
- Step 1: Create Your Google Tag Manager Account.
- Step 2: Adding Google Tag Manager Code to WordPress.
- Step 3: Add and Publish Tags in Your Tag Manager.
How do I access Google Tag Manager?
Navigate to the Google Tag Manager website at: https://www.google.com/analytics/tag-manager/ and log in. You can add users at the “Account” level so they can see all containers under that account, or at the “Container” level, so they can only see that specific container.
How do I use Google Tag Assistant extension in Chrome?
Just navigate to any page and Tag Assistant will tell you all the tags that are on that page. You’ll get a report of any errors found and suggestions for improvement. Google Tag Assistant Recordings lets you validate, diagnose, and troubleshoot issues with your Google Analytics implementation in real time.
What is the difference between Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics?
How can I add Google Tag Manager code in WordPress without Plugin?
How to Set Up Google Tag Manager in WordPress Without a Plugin
- Step 1: Set Up Your Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager accounts. First, we recommend settings up a Google Analytics account if you do not already have one.
- Step 2: Add Code Snippets to Your WordPress Site.
- Step 3: Test to Make Sure It’s Working Correctly.
What is the difference between Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager?
When should I use Google Tag Manager?
With Tag Manager, you can add or change your tags as needed. Tag Manager supports all tags and offers easy-to-use turnkey templates for a wide range of Google and third-party tags for web and mobile apps. You can also use Tag Manager to manage how your tags behave once users make their cookie consent decisions.
How do I connect tag Assistant to my website?
Start a new debug session
- From your web browser, open the Tag Assistant activation page.
- Click “Add domain”.
- Enter the URL of the page you would like to debug.
- Click “Start”.
- Some sites or pages might be broken by an additional debug parameter added to the URL.
What is GTM used for?
What is GTM? Google Tag Manager (GTM) is a free tracking tool and management platform that allows the user to add marketing tags, or snippets of code, to your website to track and collect marketing data.
Do I need both GTM and GA?
GA + GTM = Maybe Having both hardcoded Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager on your site in and of themselves is not an issue. You’ll ultimately need to make sure you’re not duplicating your efforts and consequently duplicating your data. If you need to have both, then yes, you can.