How can I donate my eyes in Mumbai?
Eye Donation Centres Mumbai
- Niramay Eye Care. 4.5.
- Clear Vision Eye Centre. 4.7.
- C. Rotary Club Of Mumbai Kandivli West.
- Blind Persons Association. 4.4.
- Eye Bank Coordination And Research Centre. 4.4.
- Matrushree Gomtiben Ratanshi Cheda Sahiyara Eye Bank. 4.7.
- Lions Club Of Bombay Uptown. 4.9.
- Duggan Eye Bank Sir J J Hospital. 4.6.
What is the procedure to donate eyes?
For eye donation, you are required to fill the pledge form and send it to any of the nearest eye bank. Once you are registered as an eye donor you will be provided an Eye Donor Card. To see a specimen pledge form, please Click here.
Which part of the eye will donate?
Eye donation involves donating your corneas – not your iris. Sometimes called a keratoplasty, or a corneal graft, a cornea transplant could give someone back the gift of sight.
How can I donate my eyes online?
Donating Eyes In Karnataka – The Jeevasarthakathe Way
- Log in to the official website of Jeevasarthakathe www.jeevasarthakathe.karnataka.gov.in.
- You need to fill in the pledge form for eye donation.
- Provide all the required details including personal detail, address, etc.
- Submit the form.
How can I donate my eyes in Bangalore?
How to become an Eye donor
- Can a person with weak eyes sight donate his eyes?
- Fill in the Eye Pledge Form and mail it to the Eye Bank.
- Your name will be registered as voluntary eye donor on receipt of your pledge card and you will receive a pocket donor card giving a Donor Number for future correspondence.
Can you donate one eye?
If an eye is blind and it is removed, but is healthy in the front, that cornea might also be used. There are no instances of donation between people who are living in other circumstances. Another special circumstance where a person may donate a cornea to themselves is where one eye can still see and one can’t.
Is there any age limit for eye donation?
There is no age-limit for donating the eye. All one needs to do is bequeath his or her eyes by taking a simple pledge to donate the eyes after death.
How much does an eye transplant cost?
As a result, the cost of surgery can rise quickly with the latest statistics reporting that a corneal transplant costs around $13,000 for an outpatient procedure and $28,000 for an in-hospital procedure for patients without insurance.
How can I donate my eyes after death in India?
- For eye donation, please fill the pledge form and send it to any of the nearest eye bank.
- Spread information & awareness about eye donation.
- When donating the eye of the deceased, do remember to:”
- Dial the nearest Eye Bank (1919) within 6 hours of death.”
- Switch off the fans and keep the air conditioner or cooler on.”
What is the cost of eye transplant in India?
Now, the cost of corneal transplant surgery ranges between Rs 50,000 and Rs 1 lakh, and is done at private sector hospitals only. With the launch of the eye bank, the health department will make corneal transplant facility available to poor patients free of cost.
How does an eye bank work?
Eye banks are the institutions responsible for collecting (harvesting) and processing donor corneas, and for distributing them to trained corneal graft surgeons. Eye banks are regulated and part of the local health system; they may be attached to a hospital or housed in a separate building.
How long after death can you donate eyes?
The eyes need to be collected within 6 hours of death. So, call the nearest eye bank as early as possible after death. Things to do after making the call: KEEP BOTH EYES OF DECEASED CLOSED AND COVERED WITH MOIST COTTON.