Do Nalgene bottles have a lifetime warranty?
We have a lifetime warranty on all Nalgene bottles.
Can you get a free Nalgene if yours breaks?
If you can break a Nalgene water bottle, not only will they replace it, but you will also get a free t-shirt that says “I broke a Nalgene.”
How do you clean a narrow Nalgene mouth?
Here’s an insider Nalgene hack to achieve a deep clean.
- Fill your bottle about 2/3 full of very warm water and a few drops of bleach.
- Put the cap on, shake well, then let it sit for an hour.
- You can use a bottle scrubber to scrub out the cap and bottle.
- Rinse well and vóila! Your Nalgene is just like new.
Why is Nalgene so popular?
A time-tested classic, the Nalgene Wide-Mouth is as good as plastic gets for most folks hydrating in the outdoors. It’s simple, durable, inexpensive, and versatile. Given its high performance and affordable price tag, it earns its place as a high-value bottle.
What can you do with old Nalgene bottles?
Other Uses for Nalgene Bottles
- Backcountry shower: drill holes in the lid, fill with water and hold above your head.
- Rodent and leak proof garbage container.
- Put valuables such as keys, cash, cell phone, etc.
- Backcountry washing machine: throw in a pair of socks, some water and biodegradable soap.
Can you pour boiling water into a Nalgene bottle?
Nalgene bottles withstand very high temperatures (boiling water) without distorting their shape or deteriorating. Caution, avoid direct contact with flame. Hence, your bottle can become a hot water bottle under your duvet by a cold night or in your car if caught in a storm.
Why do Nalgenes stink?
Whether you’re using your water bottle to keep hydrated on the go or as a Nalgene protein shaker at the gym, it may have acquired a bit of a stale stench. It happens when water has sat in the bottle for too long.
Why do backpackers like Nalgene?
Rigid bottles like plastic Nalgenes are also excellent for winter use because they can fit inside insulated cozies. The primary drawback to rigid bottles is they don’t pack well with other objects and they are heavy for the amount of water they carry.
Is it OK to put boiling water in a Nalgene?
When did Nalgene stop using BPA?
In May 2008, Recreational Equipment, Inc. removed Nalgene-branded polycarbonate water bottles and replaced them with BPA-free Nalgene bottles. On April 18, 2008, Health Canada announced that bisphenol A is “‘toxic’ to human health”.
Can you put boiling water in Nalgene?
Nalgene bottles withstand very high temperatures (boiling water) without distorting their shape or deteriorating. Caution, avoid direct contact with flame.