Can I use gluten free bread for bread pudding?
Since gluten free bread is such a commodity, bread pudding is a great way to repurpose leftover gluten free bread that has gone stale. Once it’s stale, it’s ready to absorb the mixture of milk, eggs, and sugar.
How do you make gluten free bread pudding?
- 1/3 cup raisins or currants.
- 2 tablespoons bourbon, brandy, or rum.
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored, and sliced 1/4-inch thick.
- 1/4 cup maple syrup.
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided.
- 6 slices thick gluten-free bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- 2 cups heavy cream, or canned coconut milk.
- 1/2 cup sugar.
What can I do with old gluten free bread?
What to Do With Leftover Bread: 4 Recipes to Use Up Every Last Gluten-free Slice
- Gluten-Free Breadcrumbs. Our Perfect Gluten-free Breadcrumbs make a yummy-crumby veggie coating, thickener, or casserole topper.
- Savoury Strata.
- Carrot Cake Bread Pudding.
- Crunchy Croutons.
Can you use coconut milk in bread pudding?
Layer bread cubes evenly in baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk together coconut milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, vanilla bean if using, and salt. Pour over bread cubes. Scatter white chocolate chunks over bread and toss gently with your hands.
How do you make dairy-free bread pudding?
- 8 slices stale/dry dairy-free bread, cubed (gluten-free, if needed)
- ½ cup raisins.
- 4 cups unsweetened dairy-free milk beverage, divided (see Milk Beverage Note below)
- 1 cup sugar.
- 4 eggs, beaten.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger.
How do you make dairy free bread pudding?
Why is my bread pudding mushy?
First, your bread wasn’t stale enough. If your bread is still pretty mushy when you’re putting it into the bread pudding, you might end up with a stale pudding. Try using fully stale bread. If you don’t have any, leave your bread out overnight on the countertop so that it can become stale.
How do you make coconut bread pudding?
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with butter, and dust with confectioners’ sugar.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, eggs, egg yolk, coconut milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and coconut extract. Mix until smooth.
- Bake on a cookie sheet in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
Should I jiggle bread pudding?
Bake until pudding is deep golden brown, is beginning to rise up sides of baking dish, and jiggles very slightly at the center when shaken, about 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool until set but still warm, about 45 minutes. Serve.