What word means same word different meaning?
A homonym is a word that is said or spelled the same way as another word but has a different meaning. “Write” and “right” is a good example of a pair of homonyms.
What words have the same meanings?
A synonym is a word having the same or nearly the same meaning as another word or a phrase. Antonyms are words which have the opposite (or nearly opposite) meaning. For example: new and old.
What are the 10 homonyms?
I couldn’t brake while in the car.
- Cache – Cash:
- Scents – Sense:
- Chile – Chili:
- Choir – Quire:
- Site – Sight:
- Facts- Fax:
- Finnish – Finish:
What words have 3 meanings?
Homonyms are words that have the same spelling and pronunciation, but different meanings. It’s tricky when words sound the same but can mean different things….Homonym Examples
- arm. I have an ant bite on my arm.
- bark. I hope her dog doesn’t bark when I knock on the door.
What words have 2 meanings?
Homonyms, or multiple-meaning words, are words that have the same spelling and usually sound alike, but have different meanings (e.g. dog bark, tree bark).
What’s a word with two meanings?
When words are spelled the same and sound the same but have different meanings, then they are called homonyms.
What are 10 multiple meaning words?
10 English Words with More than One Meaning
What are the 50 examples of homonyms?
Homonyms, Homophones, and Homographs
|accept – take in||except – other than|
|real – factual||reel – roll|
|right – correct; not left||write – scribble|
|ring – encircle||wring – squeeze|
|road – street||rode – past tense of ride|
What are 100 homophones examples?
100 Examples of Homophones
- 1.abel — able. 2.accede — exceed. 3.accept — except.
- 4.addition — edition. 5.all ready — already. 6.ax — acts.
- 7.axel — axle. 8.axes — axis. 9.aye — eye — I.
- 11.bawl — ball. 12.been — bin. 13.beer — bier.
- 24.cheep — cheap. 25.chews — choose. 26.chic — sheik.
What are 50 homophones?
50 Homophones with Meanings and Examples
- Aunt (noun) or Aren’t (contraction) –
- Ate (verb) or Eight(noun) –
- Air (noun) or Heir (noun) –
- Board (noun) or Bored (adjective) –
- Buy (verb) or By (preposition) or Bye (exclamation) –
- Brake (noun, verb) or Break (noun, verb) –
- Cell (noun) or Sell (verb) –
What are words that sound the same but spelled differently?
– Air -It. – Mail-male. – loan-lone. – Made- maid. – Arc -ark. – meat -It. – ate -eight. – bad-bade.
When two words sound the same but are spelled differently?
Homophones are words that sound the same when spoken, but have different meanings and are spelled differently. For example, consider the words “heal” and “heel.” Heal refers to recovering from an illness, while heel refers to the bottom back portion of someone’s foot.
Which word has the same meaning as same?
What are the words with the same meaning?
• Synonyms: words or expressions that have the same meaning in some or all contexts – apathetic, indi#erent sofa, couch • Some assert that there are no two words with exactly the same meanings • After the Norman invasion of England in 1066, many French words of Latin origin entered the language, giving rise to synonymous pairs: