How do you find volume with mass and mole?
- First you must calculate the number of moles in this solution, by rearranging the equation. No. Moles (mol) = Molarity (M) x Volume (L) = 0.5 x 2. = 1 mol.
- For NaCl, the molar mass is 58.44 g/mol. Now we can use the rearranged equation. Mass (g) = No. Moles (mol) x Molar Mass (g/mol) = 1 x 58.44. = 58.44 g.
What are the lines in a graph called?
Constructing a Line Graph Line graphs consist of two axes: x-axis (horizontal) and y-axis (vertical). Each axis represents a different data type, and the points at which they intersect is (0,0). The x-axis is the independent axis because its values are not dependent on anything measured.
How do you read a density graph?
How to Interpret Density Curves
- If a density curve is left skewed, then the mean is less than the median.
- If a density curve is right skewed, then the mean is greater than the median.
- If a density curve has no skew, then the mean is equal to the median.
What does the slope represent on a mass and volume graph?
Since the y axis is equal to mass, and the x axis is equal to volume, slope is equal to mass divided by volume. Therefore, the slope of a mass versus volume graph is equal to density.
How do I find the volume?
To find the volume of a box, simply multiply length, width, and height — and you’re good to go! For example, if a box is 5×7×2 cm, then the volume of a box is 70 cubic centimeters.
What is the middle of a graph called?
The point at the very middle of the graph is called the origin, and its coordinates are (0, 0), because it’s 0 units away from the center of the graph in both directions.
What is the volume of 1 mole of a gas?
One mole of any gas has a volume of 24 dm3 or 24,000 cm3 at rtp (room temperature and pressure). This volume is called the molar volume of a gas.
What is the mass of a mole of atoms in grams?
A mole of helium atoms has a mass of 4 grams (a bit more than a peanut) and a mole of lead atoms has a mass of 207 grams (about the mass of a coffee mug). The mass of a mole of atoms of any element is called its molar mass. It has units of grams per mole (g/mol).
How is molar volume related to molar mass?
The Molar volume is directly proportional to molar mass and inversely proportional to density. The formula of molar volume is expressed as. Where V m is the volume of the substance.
How do you find the number of moles in 1 dm3?
Remember that 1 dm 3 = 1 000 cm 3 so the volume is also 12 000 cm 3. The equation can be rearranged to find the number of moles, if the volume of gas at rtp is known: number of moles = volume of gas at rtp ÷ 24.